We understand personal information is exactly that: personal. It is information that someone can be indentified from under The Data Protection Act. It can be in the form of names, addresses, e-mail addresses or photos, although this list is by no means complete. Information must be used fairly and lawfully, and not kept for a time regarded as “overly excessive”. The information must also be kept safely, and handled in accordance with your data protection rights. If we ask for any information by which you can be identified, we guarantee that it will only be used in an appropriate and suitable manner.
What do we do with the information we collect?
- If you send us any personal information, we may use it to respond to any queries you had to our website or order.
- Distribution of personal information is a crime. We do not give out or sell your personal information. We do not send you adverts, and we do not share your e-mail address with anyone.
- If we have any updates (promotions, newsletters etc.), we will use personal information to send these to you if you have requested it. We do not share this information with anyone. If you do not want to receive updates, please let us know and your updates will be cancelled.
- We may use information collected by our web servers to evaluate web traffic patterns.
- If we suspect problems with the website or believe there may be unlawful activities, we may use information to investigate them, as required by law. We may also use information for legal proceedings, such as responding to subpoenas, court orders, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. In the event that our company or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party, the information collected by our site may be one of the assets transferred.
- Sometimes we will provide personal information to appropriate authorities, as required by law or judicial authorities. In this event we will disclose personal information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We will assist fully with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we believe, in good faith, to be malicious or unlawful.
- Occasionally we may also provide information about our customers’ sales, traffic patterns, and related-site information to third party advertisers. Be assured, however, that persons cannot be identified from this supplied data.
Your information will be secure; this is extremely important to us and to you. Security is guaranteed by implementing certain procedures to protect your personal information – whether it be by electronic, managerial or physical methods. We do not store credit card details, and we do not share customers’ details with any 3rd parties.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file (or piece of data) sent from a website which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. They were created to give websites a secure way of storing previously inputted information (such as names, addresses etc), and to record the user’s browsing activities. You can agree to cookies, or decline them. A lot of web browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. If you agree to a cookie, it is added to your computer so web traffic can be analysed.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website so we can modify it to suit customers’ needs. We only use this information for statistical purposes, after which the data is removed from our system.
In general, cookies help us provide you with a better website. They allow us to monitor the pages you find useful and which pages you do not. Please note: a cookie does not allow us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We also use Google marketing cookies to target our audience. Google marketing cookies help create an anonymous list of visitors to our website, which we can then use to market our products and services.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of similar interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.